Saturday, April 19, 2014

An Answered Prayer

Early early last Monday morning I had just gotten done in the gym and was getting ready for the day.  My strength is gone, the last two and a half years have taken there toll on me.  I look in the mirror, the person looking back at me has just about lost all hope.  Something has to change and it has to change today for her to continue to survive.

Clay has had a few job interviews, even one that he didn't apply for, but no call backs.  He should have heard back already.  I've been told I being put back in the position I was in 3 years ago, the last 2 years of work were for nothing.  The bills are mounting.  We've been barely hanging on financially, I know the hospital bill from the week Kalen was sick is coming soon, I've seen the pre-insurance amount, $7000.  We are just sinking deeper into a hole and I am starting to think won't be able to get out.

Earlier that morning while I was in the gym I was reading a (non-fiction) book where the main character has lost almost all hope and he breaks down and asks God for help.  I don't pray often, my problems are pretty small in the scheme of things.  But this day I needed help, a lot of help that I wasn't sure I could get elsewhere.  Standing there in the locker room I cried and I prayed, "Please help me, help things start turning around for us.  I need help and I really need it today.  I at least need a sign that things are going to turn around."

I pulled myself together and went up to work, forgetting about the prayer.  I had a meeting that went exceptionally badly.  By the time I went to lunch I was even more done then I was earlier that morning.  While I was on my lunch I started texting my husband about how frustrated I was.  I received a message back from him  It says, "I'm sorry, but the good news is I got a job and I start on the 5th."  Instantly most of the weight of the last two years fell off my shoulders.

I am no longer stuck.  We can pay off our bills.  We won't incur any more significant medical bills, because he will get awesome insurance (even if we have to change doctors).  It will take a few months to get our bills paid off, but then I won't have to work.  I will likely work somewhere part time, maybe even where I am at if I am able, but I don't have to.  I can be a better mom to Kalen.  I can spend more time with him.  I can be happier.

In an instant my prayer was answered, I am excited for the future again.  Things are back on track.  It is even better then I was praying for.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment