Monday, November 5, 2012

One Year Ago

One year ago today, November 5th, by this time, about noon.  Kyler was dead.  I know he was.  I had gotten up pretty early that day and was sitting on the couch watching TV and he had the hiccups.  That was the last time I felt him move, after that I am pretty sure he was gone.  I had a feeling that something was wrong, but then I also thought I was making things up.  We spent the rest of the day that day getting his room ready.

I took today and tomorrow off of work.  I was planning on just hiding my head under the covers all day today but alas, I had lots of things I had to get done.  I had to go get my drivers license renewed, and take my wedding ring in to get re-sized.  Later today I have to go back and pick up my ring, pick up Kyler's cake and maybe some balloons for him.

It is a beautiful day outside.  I bought 75 or so spring bulbs a few weeks ago and I am going to go and get them planted here in a few minutes.  I am glad that I took today off work.  I guess I am glad I got out of bed.  Tomorrow is going to be rough too, but Clay has the day off.  We will make it special.

1 comment: