Monday, November 28, 2011

Learning from Kyler and Ranon

As I said, over the past few years my husband and I have been really lucky.  About the time we got the house and our dog, Ranon, I started realizing how much I have to be thankful for.  In the last few weeks we have been and always will be working hard to honor Kyler and prove there is a meaning to his short life.  We think that his short life is part of a bigger plan.  We aren't sure exactly what we are supposed to do but we are sure that being closer to each other and helping others is part of it.


At the beginning of the month (before Kyler died) I started thinking about all I had to be thankful for this year.  Of course, at that time, I thought that one of the big things was going to be a healthy happy baby after such a difficult pregnancy.  That's not how it worked out, but still I have a lot to be thankful for.  
I am thankful for:
I have an awesome husband who loves me. We support each other even during the most unthinkably challenging times.
I have wonderful family and friends who supported us during my difficult pregnancy and continue to support us after losing Kyler
I have the cutest puppy in the world who has spent every day that I have been stuck in the house right next to me.
I have a good job with bosses and co-workers who have been very understanding and supportive, along with good insurance and disability pay.

We have a couple of good reliable cars, a nice cozy home.
And most of all I am a mom to Kyler who we believe is our guardian angel now.


Ranon is our "first baby."  We rescued him from the pound nearly 3 years ago.  He is one of the sweetest dogs around.  He just has this happy go lucky personality where you can tell that he knows that he has an awesome life.  It seems that he was abused by his previous family, but 99% of the time he doesn't let that effect him.  He can make us smile when nothing else can and I believe is a shining example of how life should be lived.  Don't let your past define your presence and future, use what has happened in the past to learn how to live your life better and be grateful for what you have now.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment