Monday, November 28, 2011

The new normal after Kyler

Since the funeral life has been changing to a new normal.  My husband went back to work the Monday after the funeral.  We kind of needed him to since he is working a temp job right now and doesn't get paid if he doesn't go to work, but I also think it has helped him a little.  I've been working on physically healing from the c-section.  The first 3 weeks were pretty rough but I am finally getting off the pain medicine and I can do things for myself again.  I should get 8 weeks off of work since I had a c-section so I probably will go back to work on Jan 1.  I think the time off will be good for me as long as I can keep busy.

Life has been weird, it is so similar to how it was before, but so different at the same time.  We moved most of Kyler's things into his room so the house seems the same as it was before we got pregnant.  There are a few reminders of him around though.  There are some helium balloons in the corner of the living room left over from his baby shower, one of them is still floating two months later.  His baby shampoo is still in the tub.  His cradle is still in our room and our nightstand still packed with newborn diapers and wipes.  We've also left his room pretty much the same as it was.  Right now I feel like we'll leave everything just as it is forever, waiting for him.  I am sure that will change eventually but right now, I like the reminders that we were ready for him.  We had to work hard to be ready for him since I was on bedrest for most of the second half of my pregnancy, but we had finally finished getting everything ready the day before he was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment