Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11

11 years ago, I didn't know much about tragedy or losing someone you are really close with.  I didn't really know any trauma.  I watched as the planes hit the towers and collapsed and thought how horrible it was.  But my life continued.  In fact I remember going to my accounting class and was a little disappointed that it wasn't canceled.  That afternoon, I went about my business and I drove around and picked up a bunch of job applications.

11 years later, I still don't know the immense trauma and tragedy all of those souls experienced, but I have experienced a small sliver of my own.  I can't imagine how they feel that everyone seems to have moved on this year.  Today seemed like it was just another day for almost everyone.  At the same time, I would suspect they are glad that the video isn't everywhere this year.  I don't know how I would cope if there was a video of that moment we realized Kyler's heart wasn't beating that was played every tv network over and over again.

Anyway, to the families, loved ones, and everyone effected by September 11, I just want to say I'm sorry.  I have no idea what you have been/are going through, but I'm sorry.  You are still in our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment