Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bah Humbug

Blah, it's Christmas Eve.  Neither of us are excited for Christmas this year.  The first thing I actually ever bought specifically for Kyler (not just for some future baby) was a Santa suit.  I found it on clearance at Fred Meyer not long after we had the positive pregnancy test, I don't think I'd even been to the doctor yet.  I wish we'd been able to see him in it.

We got the tree and lights up which has helped our Christmas spirit a little.  Yesterday we were given a Christmas dinner box.  I think we will have it tonight.  We hadn't even thought about doing a holiday dinner until it showed up at our door yesterday.  We feel a little guilty about getting the dinner box.  It is not like we would have gone hungry with out it, but we would not have done a Christmas dinner.  I think it is good that we received it, it will help make today and tomorrow better, more special.  Clay, Ranon and I will spend the night together, have a good dinner, and make some cookies.  Maybe we will even leave the cookies out for Santa.

We weren't able to do presents this year.  We just didn't have the money, time, motivation or spirit, but we did make one exception. We went out yesterday and bought Ranon a present.  It is a puzzle toy that rewards him with treats when he figures it out.  I think he'll like it.  I think we'll wrap it and see if he can get it unwrapped.

We don't have much planned for tomorrow either.  My brother's family is making dinner and I think I am going to go over there for a couple hours.  My husband doesn't think he'll feel up to going, which is fine.  I wouldn't have wanted to go to his family's this year.  I'm glad my brothers is just a couple blocks from here so I can go just for a little bit.  We'll just spend most of the day hanging out together.

I am excited for Monday.  One of my nieces is coming to stay with us for a little while.  She's 18 and I think her and I will have a good time together.  She's coming in first thing Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment