Monday, April 16, 2012

Ungraduated

So I had graduated to every other week counseling. Then, I went in last week and she figured out how much trouble I was having with work and ungraduated me. I'm back to every week. I am doing training right now so that means I'm good with work until the first week in May. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it in May, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. We'll see what the counselor and I work out in the meantime.

My husband got laid off.... Again. He got a whopping 2 days notice again. Since it happened pretty much the same way a few months ago, it was not surprising, but it still wasn't what we wanted to hear. When he got recalled to work last time I said I'd pay off my car so we wouldn't have to worry about it if he got laid off again. Guess what, I didn't. Instead we bought iPhones, fixed our tv, painted our bedroom, went out to eat, ect ect. I was really kicking myself for all of that this weekend. Luckily the staffing agency he was working for called today and put him on a three week assignment at another company. Whew, another reprieve! I swear I'll learn this time around and get the stupid car paid off.

I've been spending as much time as I can outside.  We did a lot of yard work this weekend, and I got quite a sunburn. I know, at 30, I should be able to remember sunblock but apparently I can't.  Today, for the first time in my life, the sunburn felt wonderful.  I could feel the warmth of the sun in my face, neck and arms all day.  It reminded me that I was able to spend nearly all weekend outside.  No lectures please, I know I should wear sunblock, but I never thought a sunblock would feel this good.

I haven't made it to the gym much the last week.  I've been working 8 hour days instead of 10 which sure makes it seem like I have a lot more time after work, but then I keep planning things after work. I hiked to Table Rock one day (that almost counts as the gym), went to Mountain Home for dinner one day, went to my counselor one day, went to a track meet, dinner, the old penitentiary, and desert one day.  I guess it's good that I've been getting out, but hopefully I can get back to the gym this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment