Friday, January 4, 2013

Recovering

My surgery went well.  The anesthesiologist decided it would be easier on us both to just give me general anesthesia and I agreed.  I didn't talk to the doctor after my surgery, but Clay did, and the doctor said it went well.  I haven't had any problems or complications other then a sore throat from the breathing tube.  The doctor sent me home with a few pain pills and I haven't even really needed them.  I've just been sleeping and resting since then.

After I was in recovery I asked the nurses to check the baby's heartbeat and they told me they couldn't.  I should have insisted but I wasn't really in the state of mind to fight with them.  I haven't been very anxious about it anyway.

My regular doctor's office called to make sure I was doing okay today.  That made me feel a bit better too.  I have an appointment with them next week.

It looks like if everything continues to go well I will be back to work on Monday.  I am just going to try and rest the rest of the weekend, although I am getting a little antsy.

We told Kyler to let the new baby know not to misbehave during and after the surgery, that the bright light wasn't showing him the exit and that his current digs are pretty good for the next 6 months.  It seems he listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment