Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Kyler's Room

Kyler's room is the only room in the house that doesn't get dirty.  We haven't been able to change anything in it other then move some of his stuff from other areas of the house into it.  Today I went in to dust.  There shouldn't be this layer of dust on everything!  It should be being used.  I know I've said I try not to get caught up in the should's, but this was hard.  His room is still perfect and waiting for him, but he will never come.  It's not that we never go in his room, we do but usually it is just for a few seconds to get something or put something in it.  I'ts been a long time since I've gone in and looked around.  Almost everything is just as we left it Saturday November 5th 2011.  I had gotten the "nesting" instinct and we spent most of the day getting everything just so.  We reorganized his closet, put the liner in the diaper pail, put the sheets on his crib and cradle.  We knew he was coming soon, but he never did.  I don't know what it is about today but it just feels like a late fall day in his room and brings back a lot of memories.

Anyway, I don't think I ever shared pictures of his room, and I am very proud of it.  So take a look, this is what is room looks like today.



That is his "backup" going home from the hospital outfit in his crib.  We buried him in the other one we had taken.  It is laying on top of the blanket we were going to put over his car seat to keep him warm.

The bins in the closet are the big thing we did the day before he was born, we went and bought the cubes and separated his "bigger" clothes into them to make room in the dresser.  He had so many clothes.

The bookshelf probably has had the most changes.  The memory box the hospital gave us is there, the sympathy cards, his foot/hand casts, his pictures, the Sunday news paper that I was going to read after we got back from having him checked.

We moved his cradle from our room into his room after a few months.  Now it holds the pinwheels I collect to take to him, the blankets I make to donate to the hospital, and the parenting magazines that I still have a subscription to (I donate those to the hospital too).

The sympathy cards we received are in his room on the bookshelf. I just read through them.  There are 21 of them.  They are so nice.  My 30th birthday was a week and a half after he was born.  There were a bunch of birthday cards mixed in with them.  I barely remember my birthday last year.  I think this year I am going to do a 31st birthday party and celebrate leaving this year behind since I wasn't able to celebrate 30.

Well, thanks for listening, I feel a little better now.  Thanks letting me share his room.

2 comments:

  1. I love Kylers room!! It looks so fun!!!
    I spy the lion!!! I love that lion!!! I have lots of memories of the lion!! and so do my children. It was great to see you last week!!
    Thanks so much for all your help!!! Last week and this week!! The texts were GREAT!!!
    Love,
    Aunt LaRene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the lion got to *visit* all the other kids while I was so scared of him. I took him back a few years ago and thought that he was perfect for the room, especially with the animal theme!

    ReplyDelete