Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mothers Day in Pictures


I know a lot of people were worried about me on mothers day and I appreciate it.  It was a hard day but Clay and I worked hard to make sure I had a good day.  We had a lot of offers to do things with other people but we just needed to hang out together.  Clay let me sleep in and then made me pancakes, sausage, hashbrowns and eggs since I didn't want to go out to breakfast with all the happy mothers.  After breakfast we released 1500 lady bugs, well 1497 lady bugs in our yard.


Ranon was upset that we didn't let him help release the lady bugs in the front yard.


Then we stopped to see Kyler and gave him the other 3 lady bugs and and left him some white carnations.  At his funeral, we all dropped a white carnation in his grave.  I guess it is kind of his flower now.  While we were there, this beautiful swan was just sitting there looking at us.  I don't think it was a coincidence.


After we visited Kyler, we went on a hike to Jump Creek.  Jump Creek is this little creek out in the middle of the desert.  If you hike about a 1/4 mile back there is a pretty awesome waterfall.


After we checked out the waterfall I drug Clay all over the hills surrounding the creek trying to find the top of the waterfall.  We didn't find it, but we'll go back sometime.  The top has to be right there somewhere.




After the hike, we drove around and checked out some of the small towns in southwest Idaho and eastern Oregon.  Then we came back into civilization and found a small not busy Mexican restaurant to indulge my tamale cravings. 

After lunch we headed back home and hung out in the backyard.  I did some more chalk "art".


Blew some bubbles



Planted flowers and some things in the garden.




Ranon thought it was a pretty good day.



All things considered, I think it was a pretty good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment