Friday, July 13, 2012

One Year Since the World Started Tilting

On year ago today, if you count by days of the week, our lives started to turn upside down.  We got up early and went down to the most exciting appointment you have when you are pregnant, the one to find out if we were having a boy or a girl.  We found out pretty quickly we were having a boy, but then things started spinning the minute the doctor called me a wheel chair ride to the hospital.  It was our first reality check that there was no guarantee that we would go home with a baby.  At this time that Friday night I was alone in my hospital room, trying to wrap my head around what was happening.  I'm really not sure what to say.  I am glad that we got to keep him for a few more months.  I am so glad that I get to spend the night tonight at home with my puppy and husband.  It's been a rough day and probably will be a rough weekend for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment