Monday, July 16, 2012

Progress

I made it through this 5 day stretch of 10 hour days.  Now I am off again 6 out of the next 9 days.  I accomplished quite a few of my goals this week.  I ate a healthy snack and lunch every day at work.  I took at least two of my breaks each day.  I pretty much just shut down my computer at 6 and said, it can wait until tomorrow.  I've been to the gym every day this week except for the night we went bowling.  I was even able to get a little bit of good sleep.  I still am pretty down but I feel a little better.

Work hasn't been awful.  Although I HATE not being able to be off work on the weekends, they are much less stressful for me.  I just get to do my thing and make sure that everyone else is doing their thing and we are quite successful with out the micromanaging we have during the week.  I have some pretty extreme anger  on the weekdays that I am there.  I keep thinking I am going to say something on one of those days and get my butt fired.  I guess keeping my mouth closed and keeping my job is another accomplishment of the week.  Today I was told they were training my replacement so I could go back to my old job.  That should be good news but I am still not sure I want to go back to my old job.  Plus they said I could go back when my replacement was "up to speed," which could be 2 weeks or 2 months or more.  I've been told they would release me back to my old job before.. I guess I'll believe it when I see it.  Maybe I'll find something different in the mean time.

We went to our group meeting tonight.  I was hoping I'd get to talk a bit since I've been having a rough month, but I wasn't able to really.  A new couple came today.  Our group is getting bigger, its sad.  I'm glad they found the group since it has been so helpful for me, but I wish they didn't have to be there.  They are a mere 6 weeks out, they needed to the the focus of the meeting tonight way more then I did.  For the last 3 months or so I've been trying to remember to take in some of the extra wrist bands I had gotten, but I hadn't been able to.  Today I remembered.  It just so happened that I had 3 bands, just enough for the 3 moms of angels there.  I did feel kind of bad, the new dad wanted one too but I only had Mom ones.  I'm going to order a some more so I have them if I find someone who needs them and make sure to get a few dad ones too.

Last night we went bowling with a group of our friends.  It was fun.  I'm glad we went.  The highlight of the night for me was actually playing with one of those 25 cent little parachute guys and one of those little cheap airplanes.  The deal we got for bowling included 2 hours of bowling plus some tokens for those stupid games that give you tickets.  Well between the 5 of us we ended up with enough tickets to get an airplane and a parachute guy and we went out in the parking lot afterward and played with them.  I'm such a kid.

I've got two days off now.  My goal tomorrow is to rest.  Puppy and I are going to sleep in as long as I can, then I think I am going to the gym and coming home and taking a nap.  :)  It sounds wonderful.  We'll see if I can actually execute it.  I have a very hard time not doing anything lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment