Friday, February 3, 2012

Isn't it time for some good luck?

Argh!  I know I've done a lot of complaining lately, but I've got one more.  Just when it was looking like we might be able to make a dent in all the doctor bills over the next few months, Clay got laid off.  He's been working a temp job since July and we knew it could end at anytime but we were hoping he'd get at least a weeks notice.  Nope, he had 24 hours.  Today was his last day.  If anyone knows of any jobs around, especially electronics technician type jobs, let us know!

On the slightly brighter side, now that I am back at work, we can live on what I make.  They had first talked about laying him off in October while I was still on disability.  We couldn't have lived on what I made on disability.  At least he got the extra few months.  With what I make, we may not be able to pay the credit card bill that all the doctor/hospital/funeral home/cemetery bills are on, but I don't really want to pay them anyway.  I was able to put all of those on a 0 interest credit card anyway so we don't really have to worry about them for another year or so.  I just don't like them hanging over our heads.  We are pretty sure Clay was in his temp job for just long enough to get unemployment again.  We'll see next week if he is eligible.  If he is it will help.  We've got a roof over our heads and a couple of cars to get me back and forth to work.  Neither of which we are in danger of losing at this point of the game.  I am grateful for that.

We've been working hard on doing fun things on the weekend since I went back to work.  We went to some hot springs I've been wanting to go to for over a year, we spent a (free) night in Jackpot, and Sunday we are going up to the local ski resort to go snow tubing.  I spent 14 weeks stuck in the house dreaming of being free.  Now that I am we are going to take advantage of it.  

2 comments:

  1. If you need anything, you know that Steven and I are here for you. Stay strong, good things will come your guys way. I will ask everyone I know to see if there is any jobs... He has a Engineering degree right??? -Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly. He has an associates in electronics, basically electronics repair is what he wants to do.

      Delete