Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A little bit of good luck

So I guess maybe complaining worked.  A mere 2.5 days into his unemployment my husband was recalled to his temp job.  They said they only have enough work for 2-4 more weeks but hey, it's 2-4 weeks of paychecks, plus they are always adding projects so it may turn into more and he's got a lot of other applications out now.

They laid off a bunch of people at my company this week, but no, I wasn't one of them.  The way things are laid out in my company, it is pretty unlikely we'd get laid off unless they shut my whole office down.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it's unlikely.  I don't think it is really worth worrying about.  I live in a right to work state.  I could just get fired as much as I could get laid off.  You never know what's going to happen.  I know a few people at the company I work at who have spent the last 10 years worried that they were going to laid off.  Worrying won't stop things from happening, it will just make you enjoy the time that you do have less.  I love my "too good to be true" job, if it ended today I'd be sad but I'd say thanks for the good ride.

Today was my first "mini weekend" day, my first Wednesday off in the middle of the week.  It was good to have the day off, but I had expected to not have much to do today.  It ended up I was way busier today then I've been on the weekends.  This is the first chance I've had to sit down all day and it is nearly bed time.  I got a lot of things done today that I needed to, though, and even got to hang out with two of my friends.  I think once I get settled into my schedule, and get some stuff I've been putting off done, I'll try to make Wednesdays just for relaxing... Easier said then done I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment