Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You need a watch

"You need to get a watch."  One of my noobs told me that today.  I have a watch.  I wore it nearly every day for the last 10 years.  Every day until I had to take it off as they were prepping me for my c-section.  I never put it back on.  Kyler was born the day of the time change.  I was going to change the time on my watch that morning, but then we decided to go to the hospital instead to get Kyler checked out.  As we left the hospital it got put in the bottom of my hospital bag.  Time didn't matter much for the next couple months.  When I went back to work I cleaned out my gym bag that had doubled as my hospital bag and found my watch.  It was still set to the prior time.  I didn't want to deal with it and put it in my jewelry box.  I don't need the watch most of the time.  Between my computer, ipod, cell phone, tv, car I am never far from a clock if I need one.  My watch's place on my wrist was replaced by my "Mom of an angel" arm band.  After wearing my watch for so long you would think I would miss it, but I don't.  The only time I miss it is when I am working with the noobs and loose track of time and have to ask them what time it is.  It's nice to not have reminder of every second of every day on your wrist.  I think not having it helps me enjoy time more.  Maybe some day after the time change I'll get my watch back out.  Right now I don't want to deal with it so it will stay where it is for now.  As will the pink water bottle that has been rolling around on the floor of my car since November 6.  I had grabbed it on the way out of the house when we were headed to the hospital because I knew the nurses would want a "sample" when we got there.  I can't deal with taking it out of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment