Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sick Days

I used to be one of those people who would always go work when I was sick.  In the past 10 years I can count with both hands the number of sick days I've taken.  I probably shouldn't admit to that because I am sure I've shared my germs with more then my fair share of coworkers and customers.  Even on my days off I never let being sick slow me down unless I was really really sick.  Well it looks like that has come to a screeching halt.  I got a head cold this week and it has knocked me out.  It really isn't even that bad, just a stuffy nose and watery eyes but I can't handle it.  I went to work Tuesday and finished a few things they had really wanted me to get done Tuesday and then I came home.  I went right to bed and slept pretty much until I had to get up Wednesday afternoon to go to counseling.  Usually when I am sick I can't stand laying around in bed, even if I need it.  I feel like I need to be doing something.  Not this time.  I went to work again today and did what they wanted me to get done today and came home again.  I didn't go right to bed but I am headed that way.  I can't believe I am so tired.  I guess it is just with everything that has gone on the last few months my body can't handle any more stress.  I guess I am doing what everyone tells me I should be doing and being kind to myself and taking care of myself.  I bugs me to not be at work but I have plenty of sick time so I shouldn't worry about it.

I'm going to eat my bowl of soup and go curl up under the covers in bed with my dog and sleep until I have to get up for work tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You are still recovering both emotionally and physically. The birth and loss would have been enough but add in that you had a major surgery and you are one hurt girl who is still in recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm trying to keep the complete picture in mind and give myself some slack

      Delete