Monday, February 6, 2012

Wristbands and Rings

There is this local radio morning show I've listened to since I moved back to Boise 10 years ago or so.  It's just a typical morning show, lots of on air shenanigans coupled with stories of crazy off air lives.  I normally listen on my way to work so after I got put on bed rest I didn't listen much.  Mostly I just caught the little bits and pieces they played as commercials later in the day during our weekly drives to the doctor's office.  One of the bits and pieces I caught was that one of the co-host's sisters was pregnant at the same time I was. Of course I didn't think much about it, in fact I'm sure I had a jealous thought or two that she was probably enjoying a normal healthy pregnancy.  When I went back to work in October for a couple weeks I started listening again.  One morning I was driving to work when the co-host shared that her sister had lost her baby. I remember thinking how horrible it was.  I couldn't imagine having to deal with something like that.  I shed some tears for all of them and patted my big belly and told Kyler I loved him.  Fast forward a couple weeks and I was in a very similar situation myself.  I'd been thinking about her sister quite a bit over the last few months.  I wonder how she's been doing.  For some reason I really wanted to send her a set of "Mom of an Angel" and "Dad of an Angel" wrist bands.  I finally decided just to do last week.  I got a set of them and a card and sent them into the co-host at the radio station asking her to pass them along to her sister.  I felt a little awkward doing it but I'm glad I did.  It doesn't really matter if they like them or not, it just felt like something I needed to do.  If nothing else I hope it helps her to know that people are still thinking about her.  Clay and I both love our wristbands, they help me remember how much we both loved Kyler.  If you know of someone who needs a wristband and can't get a hold of one for some reason, let me know and I will do what I can to get them one.

I haven't started the blankets yet but I think I am going to try to do a couple this week.  Now that I have Wednesdays off, I'm planning on doing some of those types of things I've been meaning to do.  We've been so busy on weekends I haven't had much of a chance to get them started.

In unrelated news I was able to get both my wedding rings back on today.  It was pretty awesome.  When I lost weight a couple years ago I swear I lost like 5 pounds in my fingers alone.  I had to have my rings re-sized and they ended up tiny.  I had thought about getting them sized up after I had Kyler but I didn't want to have to keep getting them re-sized so I just waited.  I was able to get my engagement ring on about a month ago, but not the wedding band.  Today I was able to get both of them on.  I've been working really hard at getting back in shape and have lost about 12lbs since I went back to work.  Apparently most of that has been in my fingers.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment