Friday, March 2, 2012

A Better Day

Today was a lot better. I felt pretty good when I got to work. I had an email waiting for me that gave me a project I could work on off the phones today, but I decided it would be better if I tackled my real job head on. I took a phone call and it was fine. I was able to do my job today. We were busy off and on today so I switched between the project and phone calls and both were fine. Most of all there was no crying today!

We don't have too many plans for this weekend. It is suppose to be absolutely beautiful. 60 degrees and sunny! I think I'll spend as many daylight hours as I can out in the sun.  I am absolutely freezing about 90% of the time now and the only thing I've found that really warms me is being in the sun.  Maybe we'll do another hike to table rock. We are going snow tubing with a couple of my friends Sunday morning.  I'm not sure I want to go up in the snow when it is supposed to be so nice down here, but it will be lots of fun and is only for a few hours.  We can come spend the rest of the day in the warm sun.

The national chapter of the support group I go to has a newsletter they send out every couple of months and the latest one had an article about how to make sure to take care of yourself when you are grieving your baby.  I've actually been doing some of the things it suggested.  Some of them are

Find a creative outlet - It said journaling but I think my blog counts

Pay attention to your physical needs - I actually took care of myself when I had a cold last week

Try to do some sort of physical activity - I think 6+ days a week at the gym counts

Continue to do things you enjoyed before, even if you have to scale back on them - We've been trying hard to do this, we've gone to jackpot, the hot springs, snow tubing, to hockey games, to basketball games.  I think we've been busier now then we were before.  Everything isn't as fun and carefree as it was before, but we still have good time.  Although we would give anything to be stuck home with Kyler we figure we have a second chance at doing what we want when we want with out the logistics of having a baby.

Consider finding a way to give back - My blanket project is a start

Take a few minutes to unwind every day - I should work harder at this

If you are having an especially bad day give yourself permission to cry, scream ect - I should probably do better with this.  It would probably help me avoid huge meltdowns like yesterday.

Get plenty of sleep - Even though it would probably be better to have more of a set schedule, I make a point not to set an alarm on my days off and sleep in as long as I feel like it.

Stick to your daily routine - We do pretty good with getting up and going to work every day.

There were more listed that we are doing well at, or could be doing better at but those are the main ones.  I think we are doing pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment