Saturday, March 10, 2012

Time Change

The time changes tomorrow.  No big deal right, it changes twice a year.  I usually love the spring time change.  I would much rather have the hour of daylight at the end of the day.  This year it is kind of bittersweet.  The day before the time change this winter was November 5th.  I spent the day nesting.  We ran around getting the last few things we needed for Kyler and finishing the last few things in his room.  We stacked the diapers, put the sheets in his cradle, sorted through is clothes one last time.  We were ready.  We went out to dinner and then came home and watched the BSU game.  It was then that I started realizing he wasn't kicking any more.  We went and bought a couple bottles of orange juice and I tried to do some kick counts as I watched the game but I kept falling asleep.  I convinced myself nothing could be wrong if I kept falling asleep.  We went to bed and I slept hard all night.  The next day we got up and instead of changing clocks, we went to the hospital and found out that Kyler had died.  I'm not sure how I feel about the time change this time.  I am excited to have the extra hour of daylight but it feel like we are moving farther from him.  I can't believe it has been four months.

I had a good day today.  Clay had to work some overtime, so I slept in with the dog, went to the gym, went to my nieces soccer game and out to lunch with my brothers family and then I went and hiked up table rock with one of my friends.  I think tomorrow Clay and I will sleep in and just spend the day hanging out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment