Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vacation

This week is my vacation week.  I'm trying pretty hard not to think about work and just enjoy the time off.  We were able to go camping at Redfish Lake with my brother last weekend.  It was perfect weather.  We love camping and this is the first time we've been able to go in over a year.  Sunday was our anniversary.  We rented a small motor boat and took the dog out for his first boat ride on the lake and then came home and went to a nice dinner.

The last 3 days I have been sleeping in, going to the gym, sitting in the sun when it shines and trying to get a few chores done around the house.  Last week I finished the first set of blankets to donate.  Today I was able to take half of them into the hospital I had Kyler at (I'm going to take the other half to the other big hospital in the valley).  It was very hard to go back into the hospital.  Thankfully the leader from my support group went with me.  I would have changed my mind and left if she hadn't been waiting for me.  I think the anticipation of going in was worse then actually going in.  I'm glad to have my first visit back to the hospital out of the way.  If we have more kids I'll have to be okay with the hospital, I'll be there a lot.  I'm glad we got them taken in today.  One of the nurses hinted that they will need to give the first set away tomorrow.  I hope one of the sets I made is as meaningful to them as ours was to us.

Over the past couple weeks we've been told multiple times that we are so strong. Yep, we are strong, stronger then I ever thought we could be.  We are strong because we don't have any other choice.  Both of our hearts still hurt some days, and I am sure they always will, but it doesn't happen as often for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment