Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day

So I didn't make it to work today.  I've been having a rough few days and I had to go to a doctor appointment before work today.  The doctor changed around some of my medicine to see if we can get better control of some of my anxiety and panic.  I know pills aren't going to make everything better, but they can help me function better.  Talking to the doctor on top of the rough few days and the stress of driving in the snow just set me off.  I couldn't deal with driving another 7 miles or so to work, trying to function all day at work on a day I just want to hide under the covers and cry, and driving back home in the muck.  I called in.  I hate calling in.  I hate having to have other people cover my work for me.  I don't think I had much of a choice though.  I don't think the day would have went well if I had gone in.  I laid on the couch and cried until my anxiety pills kicked in.  Hopefully the new medicine he put me on will help me be a little more stable.  I should make it to work tomorrow.  I think the day off will help me recharge.  I might even go out and play in the snow with the dog.  I've got two and a half more weeks of training before we have to decide what my everyday job is going to be, and if I need to change my schedule.  I think that I'm going to have to push for four 10 hour days so I can work 2 days at a time and then have a day off.  I think I will make it to work more often if I only have to go through 2 days at a time.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment