Friday, January 6, 2012

Week One Complete!

I made it.  I completed one almost whole (because of the holiday) week of work.  Four days in a row, I got up, got dressed and went and did something productive.  Did I cry at work this week... no (unless you count the parking lot.)  Did I spend at least one whole day on the brink of tears... yes.  Did do the tasks that they expected me to... some of the time.  Was I productive for most of the day every day even if I wasn't doing exactly what they planned on me doing... yes.  

Tuesday was good, as I said in my last post.  Wednesday I wasn't having a great day but I took quite a few calls and tickets and felt good about the job I did with them.  Thursday I was having an awful day.  I woke up wanting spend the day in bed hiding under the covers crying, but I didn't.  I got up and went to work.  I let my boss know I was having a bad day and he let me do what I needed to do.  I spent the day setting up desks for the people I am training next week and getting ready for them.  I felt super guilty for not taking calls because we had people waiting on hold most of the day, but I knew I'd melt down if I took calls.  In fact I let the guilt get to me in the middle of the day and took one call which nearly resulted in an early end to my day.  I hated sitting there watching the hold lights flash on our phones.  I just wanted to be normal and be able to take the calls, but I couldn't.  Even though my boss offered to let me go home early, I didn't.  I made it through the whole day.  Today was better.  I did a few calls, but mostly worked on things for training next week.  I would say the week was a success overall.  

Hopefully next week will be better.  I think I will be so busy training the new employees I won't be able to think about anything else and the days will go by super fast.  I am scared that I'll have a melt down while I am training but I guess if that happens we'll deal with it.  My boss told me to make sure and let him know if I had any problems next week and he would find someone to help or take over if needed.

My other huge accomplishment of the week was going to the gym.  I went to the gym after work every day this week.  I did the elliptical for 30 minutes each day and did weights twice.  Quite a change from sitting on the couch 24/7.  It was tough but I WAS able to do it.  I was (am) pretty sore, especially after doing weights but it's not too bad.  It really helps clear my head and put me in a better mood...most of the time.  It didn't work Thursday but I was in a pretty bad mood to start with.

Now I've got the weekend.  I'm not sure what we are going to do this weekend.  There are some hot springs I have been wanting to go to for the last year, so maybe we'll take a day trip over there.  Most of all I want to just hang out with my husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment