Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Work Decisions

I've been back at work for almost a month now.  When I went back my boss and I agreed I would train some new employees for the first little bit and then we would decide what I was going to do after that.  I've been wavering back and forth on what I want to do for the past 4 weeks.  Next week is the last week of training so I really needed to make a decision this week.  I've been taking phone calls this week while the noobies are trained by someone else and I kind of like it.  It is nice to just be responsible for myself and not be involved in a lot of the work drama.  I have found that at this point in my life working 5 days a week is not realistic for me.  It takes so much effort to just get up, dressed and to work that doing it 5 days in a row is almost impossible.  I need to work four 10 hour days so I can have a day off in the middle of the week.  I went and talked to my boss about it today and told him I would either take calls or be a mentor, whatever they wanted, but I really needed 10 hour shifts.  We worked it out where I am going to be taking calls.  That will be nice.  I don't have to worry about what anyone else is doing and I can just do my job, which I do well.  He also agreed to the four 10 hour shifts.  I will have Saturday and Sunday off with Clay and then Wednesday off by myself.  This will leave me a day that I can hide under the covers with Ranon and recharge if I need to or go to counseling appointments, doctor appointments, or spend hours in the gym.  I'm excited we got this worked out.  I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted, but I think this is best.  My schedule is going to cause a bit of a ruckus at work because you are supposed to have to work a weekend day if you are working four 10's.  I don't like a bunch of special treatment but I need this.  Screw anyone who gets pissed over my schedule.  I think I'll be happy and more functional with it.

I made an appointment to go to a different counselor today.  My regular doctor referred me to her.  I think I am going to like her.  I've only set up the appointment but she actually called me back herself and asked me some questions about why I was coming in before she scheduled my appointment.  The other counselor was hard to get a hold of and I didn't feel a lot of interest from her.  I am excited about going to the new counselor, she seemed super nice and interested over the phone.  I think I am going to go to the first few sessions by myself.  Maybe I'll have Clay come to one later.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, excellent. Sounds like you are taking care of yourself which is what you need right now.

    ReplyDelete